Gemma grew up on the outskirts of Cork City spending hours with her dogs birdwatching and searching for endless animals and little creatures that inhabited the countryside around her. She is self-taught and has been working professionally since 2014. Gemma then went on to refine her skills through a master wildlife artist living in England. She specialises in detailed portraits of wildlife from both Ireland, England and Abroad. Each drawing/painting reveals and reconfirms the soul and beauty of each animal she paints.
Gemma has been featured in a number of notable publications such as The Huffington Post and The Irish Examiner. Her work has also been on display in Gallery 1608, bushmills, Co. Antrim
School of Music Cork
Cronin’s of Crosshaven
Local Library in Douglas, Carrigaline
AIB Bank in Bishopstown, Carrigaline.
- 2017 American Art Awards Impressionism: 4th Place out of 39 countries.
- 2017, 2018 and 2019 Light Space Time:Special Merits in Numerous Competitions.
- www.lightspacetime.com 2015 special merit award “waiting”
- www.lightspacetime.com 2016 special merit “robin with wild flowers
- www.lightspacetime.com 2019 special merit “ Resting” “home and away”
- www.americanartawards.com 2020 2nd place category 20 animal impressionism